Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What's more green than the library?

I finally got myself to library tonight. I'll admit.. I probably haven't stepped foot in one since college. I don't even know where to find my library card, in fact they probably shut down my acct.

So, I've been checking out my favorite food blogs and there are so many good cookbooks recommended that I want to check out. So, I went to the library and found 4 good books. 3 cookbooks, plus "On Food and Cooking" by Harold McGee to refresh my memory about food science concepts.

This was so exciting. I can't believe how good it felt to go into the library again! Also picked up a flyer for storytimes for children... but sadly they are only offered M-Th during the day. I have Fridays off and thought it would be fun to take my little guy for something to do.

If it's been a long time for you, check it out... think of the $$ and paper you'll save.

3 comments:

Renata said...

We live a block from the library so we try to make it to storytime every week. Ours is on Fridays, care to move to NE Ohio?
Most libraries nowadays have a wonderful online system to request books on hold. I can see a title I like, look for it on the online catalog, and request it. When it comes in, I get a call to come pick it up.

Nik said...

Don't libraries ROCK!!! You can get any book you want! FOR FREE!!!! Yay.

Mrs. Lefler said...

My son loves story time and they also have tune time too, and that is all about music. He is two and loves music! I use the library for books and movies too. I can borrow a movie there like a cartoon and then I can see if my son likes it first before I buy the DVD. Our library now is much smaller than the one we lived by before we moved to Maine. But we still enjoy it. You should see if your library has a newsletter to sign up for. Mine does and you can see if they offer any other programs or events you might be able to go to on your days off.
Come by and see my new blog attached to my site, I have been working at it.
http://savingyourgreen.blogspot.com/

Talk to you soon