Quick Black Bean Chili
1 c chopped onion
1 c coarsely chopped red bell pepper
1 tbsp finely chopped jalapeno
2 tbsp snipped cilantro
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 cans (15.5 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (16oz) fat-free refried beans
1 can (14-14.5 oz) vegetable broth
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp ground cumin
1. Chop onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper.
2. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, ell pepper, jalapeno pepper and pressed garlic; cook & stir 3 minutes. Add black beans, refried beans, broth, lime juice, and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; stir cilantro into chili. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Easy Corn Bread
1 - 1/4 c all purpose flour
3/4 c Corn Meal
1/4 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c skim milk
1/4 c vegetable oil
2 egg whites, or 1 egg, beaten
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease your pan.
3. Combine all dry ingredients. Stir in milk, oil and egg, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. (For the mini muffins, I cooked them 18-20 minutes.)