Friday, January 23, 2009

An easy dinner! and Frugal Friday.


I made this dinner on Monday. Took about 1/2 hour and was very tasty.


It's Chicken Pineapple Rolls, rice, and broccoli. The recipe comes with an easy sauce that you put inside the rolls. I used 1/2 long grain brown rice and 1/2 basmati rice. I had purchased a bottle of Caribbean Sauce at my supermarket that was on sale for 99 cents. I mixed just a small amount of it in with the rice for some flavor. Basmati rice is something new to me. I love it! I mix it with the brown rice, because I like the amount of fiber that provides. I steamed some fresh broccoli in the microwave. Out of the whole entire dinner, my son liked the broccoli best! (go figure).
Chicken Pineapple Rolls
1# skinless, chicken breast (cubed)
2 (8oz) pkgs Crescent rolls
1 (8oz) can pineapple chunks (drain and reserve)
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp ginger
1. Place chicken in skillet with 1-2 tbsp oil. Cook over medium. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350F
3. Separate crescent roll dough. Place triange on single layer on baking sheet.
4. In bowl, mix 3 tsp pineapple juice, honey and ginger.
5. Brush each roll triange with juice mix. Place 1 pineapple chunk and 1 tbsp chicken on each triangle. Roll and seal. Bake in oven for 15 mins.

No comments: