Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Farmer's Market

So, I've decided that I am going to go to the Farmer's Market more often. Usually the best day to go is on Saturday (It' s huge, more farmers). I went last Saturday. I got some fruits and vegetables and Cage free, antibiotic free eggs. They were $2.50/dozen, which is a really good price and you can tell the difference between these eggs and the others. I love all the other things you can get there also.

They have this pasta company that comes. It's called Pappardelle's Pasta (http://www.pappardellesonline.com/servlet/StoreFront).
I overheard the lady say that the pasta is made in Colorado and then shipped to her, which isn't really supporting a local company... but this is the craziest pasta you will ever see. The flavors and shapes are so unique. Over the winter I got Chocolate Fettucini... I made a strawberry sauce to put over it.

This week I got the Fanciful Fruit mix.
(http://www.pappardellesonline.com/servlet/Detail?no=2)



The pasta is flavored: Lemon, Lime, Tangerine and Raspberry.

You can actually taste the flavors in the cooked pasta.





So, I cooked it tonight. The creation I made was a fruit salad.


It has Canteloupe, Pineapple, Watermelon, Green Grapes, and of course, Strawberries. I took some Cool Whip and mixed it with organic lemon yogurt for the "sauce". It turned out really well, I must say. So refreshing. My husband hates canteloupe, but he ate every bit of it. I served it with stuffed chicken breast (mozzarella cheese, carrots, peppers and onions) and some broccoli on the side. I managed to get all the main food groups in our dinner tonight.


I will have a post after each of my Farmer's Market adventures. We have the main one on Saturdays, but there are other ones in the area that I am going to try to get too. Find out where one is in your area. Nothing beats the taste of fresh, local fruits and vegetables.

No comments: