Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

I normally wouldn't be broadcasting this. I would just allow the day to come and go. But my parents gave me such a thoughtful, green gift that I figured I would share. I don't know how clearly you can see it in the picture, but it's a huge canning container. And inside they put a package of pectin, some jars, a funnel, and the tong things to grab the jars with. (and a case of more jars). Now I just have to figure out how to can. My stepfather is very good at it and my gift does come with a lesson. He took some of the blueberries last week that my sister picked and turned it into jam. Tastes wonderful!!

2 comments:

Henry said...

you're going to have fun with all that canning stuff! maybe some spiced apples. doesn't that sound good!

Jen said...

Oh yes!!! Because think of all the things I can do with apples. I better start playing around with it now so I can be good by the time the apples are in season.