Sunday, July 13, 2008

Farmers Market Trip 7/12/08


I made a quick trip out before heading to our Aunt/Uncle's home. I forgot to put the snap peas into the picture. Here's how it breaks down.


Cherries (1 quart)....$4.00

Blueberries(pint)......$2.50

Raspberries(pint).....$3.00

Kiwi (5)......................$1.75

Limes(5)....................$1.75

Cucumbers (2)..........$1.00

Zucchini (2)...............$.50

Yellow squash...........$.50

Bananas(6).................$1.75

Snap peas (pint).........$2.00


Total cost $18.50

I had to hurry, so I didn't get to really buy all I wanted.. I knew there were a few things I had to get like the berries. You might wonder why I bought bananas. I was out of them at home and they are a staple in Zach's diet.. and being that were gonna be gone overnight, I wanted to take some with us.

My special purchase!

I did however, have enough time to stumble across this beauty. The picture doesn't do it justice. It's a round red heart, with orange swirled through it. A young man was selling them for $3.00, marked down from $10.00. Even though it cut into the cash on hand for vegetables, it was definately worth it. Just so unique!

No comments: