Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Farmer's Market visit on 6/28/08


The produce this week was amazing!! Everything looked so wonderful! Cherries and Sugar Snap peas were local and fresh. Here's my breakdown:

Apples (16) .......................... $3.00
Scallions (2 bunches) ................ $1.00
Cherries (pint)....................... $2.50
Zucchini (1).......................... $.50
Yellow squash (1)......................$.50
Tomatoes (4)...........................$2.00
Sugar snap peas (pint).................$2.50
Red seedless grapes (pint).............$2.00
Green peppers (4)......................$2.00
Red peppers (2)........................$2.00
Blueberries (pint).....................$2.00
Chocolate mint (herb)..................$1.00
Thyme (herb)...........................$1.00

Grand total: $22.00 --- What a bargain!

and....I bought a cilantro plant for my garden ($2.00)

I took my peppers, tomatoes, scallions and made salsa. Added lime juice, cilantro, salt & pepper, hot peppers. It was my first attempt at my own Salsa and I was very pleased!!
Tomorrow I am going to try Zucchini cakes w/cucumber dip.

No comments: